Healing Instructions for Piercings
Be sure to wash your hands with liquid antibacterial soap.
- To clean piercing, dip a Q-tip into either saline solution or light antibacterial soap.
- Hold the ring still and with the Q-tip clean off any "crusty matter that may have formed.
- Make sure the ring stays still until you have cleaned all of the ring that is showing. Once all clean, move the ring to get what the skin was covering.
- DO NOT touch your piercing unless you are cleaning it for the duration of the healing process. If you do, you will need to clean it as above.
- You will be able to tell when your piercings is healed when the "crusty matter"no longer forms. However, even though the "crusty matter" doesn't form anymore, continue to clean it for one week to insure it is healed.
- If the "crusty matter" returns, continue to clean it as before until it is gone again.
- If the "crusty matter" no longer returns, then be sure that it is healed.
- Even though the piercing is healed, keep it clean to prevent infections.
Oral Piercing After Care
- Rinse mouth 3-4 times daily with Listerine Gold (can use 50/50 with water), not every time you eat or drink, for the duration of the healing process.
- For the swelling, you can use Ibuprofen or Advil. They both contain an anti-inflammatory.
- You may also eat ice to keep the swelling down. If you do have swelling, it may last 1-7 days.
- For the first 3-4 days, stay away from alcohol, cut down on smoking (if not stop), hard solid foods, spicy foods (hot sauce, nacho cheese, etc.) and stay away from citric acids (Mt. Dew, Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.)
No Oral Contact With Anyone For The Duration Of The Healing Process!
This includes kissing, oral sex, sharing drinks, or cigarettes. ANY kind of oral contact. There is too much risk of spreading bacteria and infection.